CEC election results

  • Victoria Frye
    Message 1 of 37 , May 20, 2013

      Reply to a Tweet

      Beth Fertig @bethfertig
      #NYCDOE still can't release parent council (CEC) results after court hearing; judge has more questions, schedules another hearing May 30th
      On May 20, 2013, at 4:59 PM, Ellen wrote:

      Does anyone know the results of the lawsuit to stop the CEC elections? I was under the impression that the judge would rule today. Thanks

      Victoria (Tory) Frye
      vicnyc@...
      646-418-6435

    • Laura@...
      Message 37 of 37 , May 20, 2013
        From Sam Pirozzolo:

        Parents were once again victorious today when Judge Haggler ordered a trial to be heard on the current CEC election process. The decision came just moments after Judge Haggler ask lead Corp Council attorney Elizabeth Edmonds if the DoE had notified the candidates who the selectors were. Ms. Edmunds said no - big mistake! As the judge continued to question her she soon replied that the DoE did identify all of the selectors. The judge asked for clarification and asked again if the DoE had identified all the selectors and told the candidates who they were. Ms. Edmonds told the judge that they weren't required to tell the candidates who the selectors were and that they had identified all the selectors. So we went from no to 100% in about four minutes. The judge finally said that's it. I am going to order a trial because I can't trust the information you're giving me. KABOOM! Trial date set for May 30th 10:00 AM.  In her arguments today, Ms. Edmonds seem to be saying over and over again, that by law the DoE is only required to have a fair election, not the fairest election possible.

        Victoria Frye <vicnyc@...>
        Sent by: nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com

        05/20/2013 08:30 PM

        Please respond to