- * * *REMINDER* * * *PUBLIC SCHOOL ACTION ALERT* * * PARENTS JOIN GRADUATES in PROTEST as TEACHERS COLLEGE HONORS MERRYL TISCH & *HER HIGH-STAKES TESTINGMessage 1 of 1 , May 19, 2013View Source
PUBLIC SCHOOL ACTION ALERTPARENTS JOIN GRADUATES in PROTEST asTEACHERS COLLEGE HONORSMERRYL TISCH &HER HIGH-STAKES TESTING AGENDA
Tisch, Chancellor of the Board of Regents and a driving force behind high-stakes tests in NY state, is to be a speaker and to receive a medal from TC.
What: Protest at Teachers College Convocation
When: Tuesday, May 21 8:30-9:30 AM
(Drop off your kids at school early & be there by 8:30)
Where: St. John the Divine, 112th and Amsterdam
Directions: Take 1 train to 110th Street
- We oppose Tisch's policy of high-stakes testing.
- Tisch’s high-stakes tests are destroying our public schools.
- Tisch supports charter schools, not public schools.
- Tisch should not be honored for hurting our schools!
- There are no high-stakes tests in private schools, where her children studied and she taught.