The Freedom School Presents: The Life of Paul Robeson

  • J Wedes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2013

      The Freedom School PRESENTS:

      "The World is my Home - The Life of Paul Robeson"

      A benefit show to support the Paul Robeson Freedom School summer program

      Friday, May 24th | 8-10:30pm

      St. Ann & The Holy Trinity Church – Brooklyn Heights

      157 Montague St  Brooklyn, NY 11201

      TICKETS $25 before May 25th (student discount avail)

      BUY Online or Call 718-616-9587

      "Powerful & poignant, entertaining & educational, heartfelt & humorous, the show celebrates this common Humanity, as Robeson fights globally for Social Justice for Blacks, Jews, Welsh & Spanish workers."

      Featuring acclaimed actor Stogie Kenyatta

      With introductions by Honored Guests:

      Basir McHawi - Host, Education at the Crossroads, WBAI Radio

      http://www.wbai.org/program.php?program=94

      Iya Olatunji - Community activist, widow of master drummer Babatunde Olatunji

      https://vimeo.com/58736347

      Victoria Sobel - Student leader, Free Cooper Union

      http://cusos.org/55-hours/

      To make a donation to the Paul Robeson Freedom School, please visit our website!

      --
      Justin Wedes
      Educator & Activist

      Twitter: @FreedomSchoolBK