Taking the City Council back

  • J Wedes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10 9:15 PM
      Friends,

      One of our own - Noah Gotbaum - is running for City Council on the West Side.  He's the only public school parent in his race - but more than that, he's one of us. He's led the fight against school closings and charter co-locations. A leader in the anti-testing movement and efforts to get parents and the community more engaged, and a rouser at our PEP meetings. Noah is a strong voice who took on Eva Moskowitz and Mayoral Control almost 5 years ago, and was a plaintiff in the Cathie Black case when so many were silent.

      Not surprisingly, he's not the establishment candidate. And he can and should win and move up to the City Council - and onto the Education Committee - where he can be an even stronger voice. Let's help him. Let's show our support as parents, educators and community members that our numbers and beliefs will win out.

      Please give whatever you can.  He has an important deadline at midnight tomorrow 5/11. The amount is not as important as the demonstration of our numbers. Contribute $10, $25, $50 or $100 if you can. But please support Noah.

      And, in any case, throw a LIKE at his facebook page and volunteer!

      Upwards and onwards,

      Justin

      --
      Justin Wedes