RALLY-Friday, 4/26 @ 4pm Anti- High Takes Testing rally in front of Tweed

  • leonie@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2013

      RALLY

      CLEANING UP the MESS of HIGH STAKES TESTING and
      Putting Back the 'PUBLIC' in Public Education

      Our children are NOT a test score!

      WHEN:  Friday, April 26 at 4 pm*

      WHERE:  TWEED NYC Department of Education
      52 Chambers Street
      (4, 5, 6 to Brooklyn Bridge.  N, R to City Hall.  J to Chambers Street)

      WHO:  Families, Teachers, Children and Supporters of Educational Justice

      WHY:  Because private schools already said "NO!" to high stakes testing!
      Because WE demand 180 days of learning!
      Because schools should foster a love for life long learning.
      Because positive relationships between schools and families are at the core of learning.

      BRING SIGNS with YOUR VISION and DEMANDS for the SCHOOLS
      we want OUR CHILDREN to be in.
      Bring Mops, Brooms, Scrub brushes,
      Buckets and cleaning supplies to Mop UP the MESS!
      Bring #2 Pencils for us to transform them into a new vision of Public Education

      JOIN Change The Stakes (www.changethestakes.org)
      and Time Out From Testing (www.timeoutfromtesting.org)
      *Rain Date:  Tuesday, April 30 @ 4 pm

    • Sue
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2013
        Is there a Facebook event link to share?

        Thanks,

        Sue.

        --
        "No real social change has ever been brought about without a revolution... revolution is but thought carried into action." ~ Emma Goldman
      • Edith Baltazar
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22, 2013
        See if this works:

        https://www.facebook.com/events/121996241329636/

        Also attached the flyer from the Change the Stakes Facebook page.