Yesterday's 3rd and 6th Grade ELA Tests

  • Marge
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2013
      My 6th grade son said the test yesterday was somewhat hard, but not too bad - though he thought the passages with poems and questions were hardest. Two of the non-fiction passages were about things he'd read about/studied this year - including a story about cave paintings discovered in France...

      When he was looking for band kids later in the day to pose for a yearbook photo, he walked in on a few 3rd grade teachers discussing the test and they were basically saying it was crazy hard...

      I wish all the teachers in the city would have explained in advance to the kids that some of the questions won't count and kids shouldn't get discouraged if they don't know something - just move on and do the rest of the test. I think most kids would be able to understand that...

      Marge Kolb