"Refresher Course" on Corporate Reform

  • Susan Crawford
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2013
      I was about to forward John Thompson's latest HuffPo piece --

      but accidentally clicked to his full list of posts.  They are ALL recommended reading for anyone in need of an update or refresher on the corporate reform movement and how it is destroying our schools -- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-thompson/

       See esp. re Ted Olsen  arguing for the astroturf group Students Matter "that it doesn't matter what the law is; what matters is what the billionaires think the law should be. They want the court to overturn the California education laws that they believe are wrong. So, they have filed Vergara vs. California which would strip Californians of their democratic right to an education system consistent with their beliefs.... Vergara, however, is based merely on the beliefs of some powerful non-educators."

      Meanwhile , mayoral control has certainly stripped New Yorkers of their democratic right to an education system consistent with their beliefs!

      Susan