Re: [nyceducationnews] FW: Bill Gates & Sam Walton just wrote themselves write into our children's history

  • J Wedes
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2013
    As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

    On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Diane Ravitch <gardendr@...> wrote:

    I will have a post about this.

    Outrageous.

    On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Leonie Haimson <leonie@...> wrote:

     For the full list of TN 5th grade social studies Common Core standards see http://www.tn.gov/education/ci/doc/Fifth_grade_D1.pdf

    concerned Mom in TN commented: "Bill Gates & Sam Walton just wrote themselves write into our children's history lessons! Part of the Common Core Curriculum for 5th graders in TN: "5.87 Identify and explain the significant achievements of entrepreneurs and innovators including"

    Respond to this comment by replying above this line

    New comment on Diane Ravitch's blog

    http://dianeravitch.net/

    concerned Mom in TN commented on About.

    My website is dianeravitch.com. I am a historian of education and Research Professor of Education at New York University. I was born in Houston, Texas, attended the Houston public schools from kindergarten through high school, and graduated from Wellesley College in 1960. I received my Ph.D. in the history of American education in 1975. I [...]

    Bill Gates & Sam Walton just wrote themselves write into our children’s history lessons!

    Part of the Common Core Curriculum for 5th graders in TN:

    “5.87 Identify and explain the significant achievements of entrepreneurs and innovators including but not limited to:
    Ray Kroc
    Lee Iacocca
    Sam Walton
    Bill Gates
    Jeff Bezos
    Michael Dell
    Steve Jobs
    Mark Zuckerberg”

    http://www.tn.gov/education/ci/doc/Fifth_grade_D1.pdf

    Reply    Comments

    Want less email? Modify your Subscription Options.

    --
    Justin Wedes
    Educator & Activist

    Twitter: @FreedomSchoolBK

    ~
    Will you #occupy?
    ~
  • J Wedes
    Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2013
      Also blogged here: http://www.justinwedes.com/2013/04/06/the-uncommon-core/

      [Attachment(s) from J Wedes included below]