FW: Bill Gates & Sam Walton just wrote themselves write into our children's history

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2013

       For the full list of TN 5th grade social studies Common Core standards see http://www.tn.gov/education/ci/doc/Fifth_grade_D1.pdf

      concerned Mom in TN commented: "Bill Gates & Sam Walton just wrote themselves write into our children's history lessons! Part of the Common Core Curriculum for 5th graders in TN: "5.87 Identify and explain the significant achievements of entrepreneurs and innovators including"

      Respond to this comment by replying above this line

      New comment on Diane Ravitch's blog

      http://dianeravitch.net/

      My website is dianeravitch.com. I am a historian of education and Research Professor of Education at New York University. I was born in Houston, Texas, attended the Houston public schools from kindergarten through high school, and graduated from Wellesley College in 1960. I received my Ph.D. in the history of American education in 1975. I [...]

      Bill Gates & Sam Walton just wrote themselves write into our children’s history lessons!

      Part of the Common Core Curriculum for 5th graders in TN:

      “5.87 Identify and explain the significant achievements of entrepreneurs and innovators including but not limited to:
      Ray Kroc
      Lee Iacocca
      Sam Walton
      Bill Gates
      Jeff Bezos
      Michael Dell
      Steve Jobs
      Mark Zuckerberg”

      http://www.tn.gov/education/ci/doc/Fifth_grade_D1.pdf

      Want less email? Modify your Subscription Options.

    • Diane Ravitch
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2013
        I will have a post about this.

        Outrageous.

        On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Leonie Haimson <leonie@...> wrote:

         For the full list of TN 5th grade social studies Common Core standards see http://www.tn.gov/education/ci/doc/Fifth_grade_D1.pdf

        concerned Mom in TN commented: "Bill Gates & Sam Walton just wrote themselves write into our children's history lessons! Part of the Common Core Curriculum for 5th graders in TN: "5.87 Identify and explain the significant achievements of entrepreneurs and innovators including"

        Respond to this comment by replying above this line

        New comment on Diane Ravitch's blog

        http://dianeravitch.net/

        concerned Mom in TN commented on About.

[...]

        Reply    Comments

        Want less email? Modify your Subscription Options.

      • J Wedes
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2013
        As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

        --
        Justin Wedes
        Educator & Activist

        Twitter: @FreedomSchoolBK

        ~
        Will you #occupy?
        ~
      • J Wedes
        Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2013
          Also blogged here: http://www.justinwedes.com/2013/04/06/the-uncommon-core/

          [Attachment(s) from J Wedes included below]