FW: Debating education reform on the radio today at 1: 30 PM w/ Manhattan Institute guy

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2013

      From: daniel.marans@... [mailto:daniel.marans@...] On Behalf Of Daniel Marans
      Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 4:44 PM
      To: Leonie Haimson
      Subject: Re: Debating education reform on the radio this Saturday

      Hi Leonie,

      We're looking forward to tomorrow's debate at 1:30-2 pm EDT on Take Action News with David Shuster about testing, teacher evaluation, class size and other issues of school reform in light of the Atlanta cheating scandal.

      We need to know a phone number where we can reach you.

      Marcus Winters of The Manhattan Institute has confirmed for tomorrow as your opponent.

      Please tell your friends and family to watch it live on takeactionnews.com or tune in to the audio stream on weactradio.com.

      Twitter handles: @danielmarans, @takeactionnews, @weactradio.

      Thanks!

      Daniel

      On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM, Daniel Marans <dmarans@...> wrote:

      Leonie,

      Thanks so much for agreeing to join us. We're really looking forward to it!

      All we need is a phone number where we can reach you and a preferred photo to feature on screen for the video stream during the debate.

      The debate will be at 1:30 pm EST. It will last 20-25 minutes. I will let you know your opponent as soon as we have confirmed him or her. It will air live on 1480 AM in the DC area and weactradio.com, as well as on video-stream at TakeActionNews.com.

      We'll be hyping it and live-tweeting from @TakeActionNews, @WeActRadio, @DavidShuster and @DanielMarans.

      I will send you any more information as it arises.

      Best,

      Daniel

      On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Leonie Haimson <leonie@...> wrote:

      Ok pl send the details

      Thanx!

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 3, 2013, at 5:53 PM, Daniel Marans <dmarans@...> wrote:

      Dear Leonie,

      This is Daniel Marans. I produce the nationally syndicated radio and YouTube show Take Action News with David Shuster.

      Are you available to debate a neoliberal education reform advocate on the radio this Saturday at 1:30 pm Eastern?

      In light of the Atlanta public schools cheating scandal, the issue of education reform is back in the news in a big way. Diane Ravitch recommended you as a very articulate spokesperson for more progressive reform measures like reducing class sizes--rather than going after teacher unions.

      Your opponent would probably be Marcus Winters of the Manhattan Institute.

      Shuster is out of town, so I'll be substitute hosting.

      I look forward to hearing from you!

      Best,

      Daneil

      --
      Daniel Marans

      Executive Producer, Take Action News with David Shuster

      @danielmarans

      --
      Daniel Marans

      Executive Producer, Take Action News with David Shuster

      @danielmarans

      TakeActionNews.com

      YouTube.com/TakeActionNewsTV

      --
      Daniel Marans

      Executive Producer, Take Action News with David Shuster

      Tel.: 201-417-2404