Indykids Kid Reporter Spring Prog.: fr/ Sat. 1/26

  • Todd E
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2013
      Kid Reporter Spring Program fr/ 1/26

      Upcoming Kid Reporter Program Dates:
      Jan. 26, Feb. 2, Feb. 9, Feb. 16 (Saturdays, noon-3pm)
      Enroll in IndyKids' comprehensive reading, writing and critical
      thinking workshops this spring.
      :::::::

      Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 00:31:06 +0000
      From: IndyKids <IndyKids@...>
      Subject: Happy New Year!

      Happy New Year!

      We could't have pulled through 2012 without you. Thank you for
      helping us grow the Kid Reporter Program and for keeping us in print
      this school year. You made it possible for our Kid Reporters to cover
      everything from the Alamosaurus dinosaur to The School-To-Prison
      Pipeline, and everything in between. We're looking forward to even
      more coverage of current events, social justice and science news in
      2013 and it's all because of you!

      Warm wishes from,
      Nikki Saint Bautista and
      the Team at IndyKids.

      P.S. Check out pictures from our Holiday Party here.

      Upcoming Kid Reporter Program Dates:

      Jan. 26, Feb. 2, Feb. 9, Feb. 16 (Saturdays, noon-3pm)
      Enroll in IndyKids' comprehensive reading, writing and critical
      thinking workshops this spring.
      Fill out the SPRING KRP APPLICATION online
      Haven't made a tax deductible donation yet?
      Do so by Dec. 31 online (http://indykids.net/main/donate/)
      or by mailing a check to:

      IndyKids
      p.o. box 2281
      NY, NY 10163

      Special thanks to the following organizations and foundations for
      their grant support this year:
      Bay and Paul Foundation, which supports students' voice and
      pre-collegiate school improvement and learning, including the
      IndyKids' Kid Reporter Program.
      Broadway United Church of Christ, which advocates for human rights,
      GLBTQ rights, peace and justice, education, and marginalized voices.
      Council Member Daniel Dromm, whose grant allows for the bulk
      distribution of IndyKids newspaper to every public elementary and
      middle school in his council district in Queens, NY.
      The New York Community Trust, which concentrates on projects that
      improve New York City's public schools; promotes diversity, equity
      and access in the arts; and advocates for the rights of all people.
      New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, which supports arts and
      culture projects in New York City.
      UCC Justice and Witness Ministries Neighbors in Need, which supports
      projects focused on children and youth, media justice, anti-racism
      and economic justice.

      Again thank you to all our 2012 donors, volunteers, Kid Reporters and
      their parents, and readers across the country.

      IndyKids
      P.O. Box 2281
      New York, New York 10163
      US

      = = =
      = = =
      = = =

      Please e-mail any NYC left event announcements to thousands at:

      nyprotest@...

      No subscription needed. Where possible, please no file
      attachments. Send using TO: (not BCC:). Announcements of any
      in-person events that are primarily about struggle for progressive or
      revolutionary social change will be approved for distribution promptly.

      Read more event announcements at:
      <http://snipurl.com/nyprotest>
      <http://nycal.mayfirst.org>
      <http://nyc.indymedia.org>

      Please. We urgently need some sort of sustainable, collectively run
      system for communicating event announcements between NYC left
      factions and groups with at least a bit of thoroughness. Help figure
      out how to do that.

      ***TO UNSUBSCRIBE from NYPROTEST listserv***
      click & send any msg to:
      or visit:
      <https://lists.riseup.net/www/arc/nyprotest>