Re: [nyceducationnews] Fwd: Article on UFT and Almontaser in the Indypendent by Steve Quester

  • nealhugh@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
      Thanks for this post!

      So:

      Why no "talk about Intifada, the occupation," etc. (not et al BTW...)

      The Intifada is a ruthless attack against civilians, ordered by Arafat at times...not just as Debbie said, an  "uprising"...and if Steve Quester, UFT member and teacher, thinks that Che and Malcolm X are fine role models, I hope that he never says that in a public school here...

      And I don't care what people say about the occupation...this was about Intifada! and not about Arabs and Muslims...or religion...

      It is all political---about terrorism in THE intifada---and IMO not at all racist! Debbie may have been trapped by the Post, but she let it happen! I do accept her apology, probably advised at once by the DOE!.

      I respect Rabbi Paley and his daughter is said to be working at the Gibran school!...so this is an issue to be considered carefully...I will ask him about this...and MAYBE Debbie should/could be reinstated...

      Best, Neal

      Neal H. Hurwitz
      646-884-0594
      ###

    • Elizabeth Green
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2008
        Re: [nyceducationnews] Fwd: Article on UFT and Almontaser in the Indypendent by Steve Quester I am away on vacation and away from e-mail. I will return Sunday March 16.

        Talk to you then,
        Elizabeth