Albany Ed legislation:email circulated by Students First,

  • LRN1212@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2012
      Original Message-----
      From: A.J. Leppelmeier <aleppelmeier@...>

      FYI, an email circulating from Students First NY

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 2012

        Notice he does not mention the words “charter schools” which I guess are toxic to most parents now.

        “The second bill, A.9551 would make it nearly impossible for City schools to share available educational spaces to meet the needs of students.”

        No, it just leaves it up to a vote of the district CEC.  But that’s not the kind of parent empowerment that Students 1st wants.

[...]

        Become a Member | Follow Us on Twitter | Unsubscribe

        StudentsFirstNY

        325 Gold Street, Suite 201

        Brooklyn, NY 11201

        --

      • Ellen
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2012
          And neither passed.....but I still think we can get them to reintroduce 9551 on the CECs voting on space usage in schools.

          --- In nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com, "Leonie Haimson" <leonie@...> wrote:

          > Notice he does not mention the words “charter schools” which I guess are toxic to most parents now.
          >

          > “The second bill, A.9551 would make it nearly impossible for City schools to share available educational spaces to meet the needs of students.”
          >

          > No, it just leaves it up to a vote of the district CEC. But that’s not the kind of parent empowerment that Students 1st wants.

        • David Best
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2012
            So who would re introduce that bill and how can we as public Ed parents help avocate for this bill to be passed?

            Sent from my iPod

            On Jun 30, 2012, at 5:27 PM, "Ellen" <mchgh_lln@...> wrote:

            And neither passed.....but I still think we can get them to reintroduce 9551 on the CECs voting on space usage in schools.

            --- In nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com, "Leonie Haimson" <leonie@...> wrote:

            > Notice he does not mention the words “charter schools” which I guess are toxic to most parents now.
            >

            > “The second bill, A.9551 would make it nearly impossible for City schools to share available educational spaces to meet the needs of students.”
            >

            > No, it just leaves it up to a vote of the district CEC. But that’s not the kind of parent empowerment that Students 1st wants.

            =
          • Ellen
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 30, 2012
              Contact to a representative from every person on this list every day, week or month....at meetings, at political club, in local papers (the POST or News are useless) by phone, email, snail mail or twitter
              Cathy Nolan is the chairperson of the Assembly Education Committee, Flanagan of the Senate Committee...we need to be annoying, loud, persistent, lurking, writing, calling