NYSED's summary of their waver application now online; responds to none of our concerns

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2012

      The summary of the public comment and the response by NYSED for their waiver application for NCLB is now posted online; presumably the application will be voted on by the Regents Monday or Tuesday.

      NYSED says it received “over 50 submissions from “persons associated with Class Size Matters” (thanks guys for those of you who sent in comments!)  & over twenty submissions from individuals associated with the principals’ letter, signed by over one third of New York’s principals, objecting to the new teacher evaluation being developed by the state.

      Yet the NYSED summary responded substantively to none of our concerns, as expressed in our earlier letter.

      Check out our blog for why their summary only reinforces my conviction that the waiver application is even worse than NCLB itself:

      http://nycpublicschoolparents.blogspot.com/2012/02/states-proposed-nclb-waiver-responds-to.html