did anyone tape the PEP discussion/vote?

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2012

      Did anyone tape the discussion among the PEP members?  I’d love to see what Patrick & wilfredo said;  the comment from new mayoral appt. Marti of CUNY that closing these schools is “courageous”;  also when Shael supposedly said the following (acc. to tweets)

      Direct explanation of school closing policy from Shael: "It doesn't actually matter what advice or coaching we give from the outside."

      Shael: the suggestion that kids are moved around (to large, struggling high schools) just isn't accurate.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2012
        What about "accountability" by the support networks who are on the inside and charged w/ school support of every kind, esp principal and teacher pd, support and training?

        Along these lines, who is accountable for creating and approving the principals' goals? the Network's goals?

        Lisa

        To: gbran289@...; janinesopp@...; ows-public-education-committee@...
        CC: nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com; normsco@...; dwmarelli@...
        From: leonie@...
        Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:15:36 -0500
        Subject: [nyceducationnews] did anyone tape the PEP discussion/vote?

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2012
          To tone deaf we must add mute.

          To: gbran289@...; janinesopp@...; ows-public-education-committee@...
          CC: nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com; normsco@...; dwmarelli@...
          From: leonie@...
          Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:15:36 -0500

          http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/155700/protesters-rally-against-closures-to-no-avail

          http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/educational-policy-meeting-protest-20120209

          Can't believe fox was even making occupiers look good!  great interviews with parents.  Seems like press is getting more welcoming to this view point!

          Gotham Schools live-blogged it:

          http://gothamschools.org/2012/02/09/live-blogging-the-pep-23-school-closure-votes-are-on-the-agenda/#more-77000

          The NYTimes also did:

          http://www.nytimes.com/schoolbook/2012/02/09/another-school-closing-vote-and-another-protest/?ref=nyregion

        • LRN1212@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 11, 2012
            particularly hated a woman on the PEP who tried to stop Patrick from asking a question toward the end. She said  something to the effect that he did not have the right to ask questions, as almost the entire board of mayoral appointees sat there saying NOTHING...NO comments, no questions....just waiting to vote to close ALL schools. Lisa N.

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 11, 2012
              I did some sporadic taping. Supposedly audio of all pep meetings are posted.
              But maybe not up yet.
              Cheers,
              Norm Scott

              Twitter: normscott1