Re: [nyceducationnews] videos/ tv news of last night's protests/hearings

  • Jaisal
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2012
      I  covered the PEP meeting for two independent media outlets,  Democracy Now! and Free Speech Radio News

      You can read the Democracy Now headline here:
      http://www.democracynow.org/2012/2/10/headlines#11 (you have to click to 9 mins and 9 seconds into the show to see the video )

      and here's the Free Speech Radio News link:
      http://fsrn.org/audio/audio-tag-title-raw/9827

      Democracy Now airs on over 1,000 TV and radio stations everyday and FSRN is on about 115 radio stations across the globe.

      -Jaisal

      On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Leonie Haimson <leonie@...> wrote:

      For  those who couldn’t make it (and even those who did) I have posted all of the TV news reports plus Michael Galinsky’s video of last night’s PEP meeting on the NYC Parent blog.

      The Thursday night massacre report with outrage at closing of 23 public schools:

      http://goo.gl/SgRFx

      Last night was one more skirmish in the battle for our public schools, and for the future of this city.

      Whether it will prove to be a turning point in the history of mayoral control, brought down by the administration's arrogant disregard for the views of parents, students, and community members, still remains to be seen.

      Please take a look and leave a comment!

      Thanks,

      Jaisal Noor
      Cell : 443-255-1570