spanish language media: Occupy the DOE! tv news of last night's protests/hearings

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2012

      pics from the PEP

      This is from a Spanish channel. The video addresses race and how school closings affect communities of color

      http://univisionnuevayork.univision.com/videos/video/2012-02-10/cierran-23-escuela-en-nueva

      On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Leonie Haimson <leonie@...> wrote:

      For  those who couldn’t make it (and even those who did) I have posted all of the TV news reports plus Michael Galinsky’s video of last night’s PEP meeting on the NYC Parent blog.

      The Thursday night massacre report with outrage at closing of 23 public schools:

      http://goo.gl/SgRFx

      Last night was one more skirmish in the battle for our public schools, and for the future of this city.

      Whether it will prove to be a turning point in the history of mayoral control, brought down by the administration's arrogant disregard for the views of parents, students, and community members, still remains to be seen.

      Please take a look and leave a comment!

      Thanks,