Re: [nyceducationnews] Keith Wright Wants To Take Control of City Schools Away From Mayor Bloomberg

  • Mathman180@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2012
      Maybe I've missed something, but I have not seen this news item in any of the local print or television media, nothing on any local news program of which I'm aware. Anyone else? I've Googled this keywords for this story and can't find any hits other than The Politicker and Gotham Schools and a brief mention in a Capital News site out of Albany.

      The fact that anyone at the State Legislature or City Council level would threaten to abolish mayoral control seems to me like a story of sufficient import that it would make the news, but as of the moment, it appears that the general public would have no clue that something might be afoot. Does anyone beside me think this silence is deafening? Or am I missing something here?

      Steve Koss

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2012

        I don’t think the bill has yet been introduced; hopefully when it is it will get more attention.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2012
          Keith Wright wanted to Chair the Education Committee; Kathy Nolan obtained this post instead.

          Oneness,
          Rob