Re: [nyceducationnews] on the PAA blog: Why the press promotes the powerful, marginalizes dissent

  • John M. Beam
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2012
      Thanks to Caroline for nailing the issue.  This is a clear argument for why we need to stop confusing press conferences on the steps of City Hall with taking action.  We need to find other lines of attack that do not require the blessing of the corporate press.  Litigation can be one such route.  (Thank you, Class Size Matters!)  Non-violent action that stops business as usual and, therefore, has impact with or without media coverage could be another.  (Symbolic action requires media cooperation to interpret the symbols.)  JMB

      At 06:42 PM 1/2/2012 -0800, you wrote:
      http://parentsacrossamerica.org/2012/01/why-the-press-promotes-the-powerful-marginalizes-dissent/