Does anybody know the # of NYC public students considered to be living in poverty and that receive reduced price or free lunches

  • Jaisal
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2011
      I know that more than 1/2 students get free or reduced metro cards..
      Does anybody know the # of NYC public students considered to be living
      in poverty? And that receive reduced price or free lunches?

      Thanks so much,
      -Jaisal
      Jaisalnoor@...

      --
      Sent from my mobile device

      Jaisal Noor
      Cell : 443-255-1570
      347-746-9857.
    • Liat Silberman
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2011

        Metro cards aren’t related to poverty but to distance.  Children who live more than a set distance,  get a metro card,  kids who live less than the set distance get a reduced metro card,  regardless of income.