Helping #OccupyWallStreet

  • J Wedes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
      Hey everyone,

      A lot of people have been asking how they can help the camp if they can't come down. Here's one way:

      A local art exhibit, right on Wall Street, is being devastated by over-policing, barricading and intimidation from NYPD and Homeland Security. The curator, Marika, is a strong supporter of Occupy Wall Street.

      Info about the exhibit: http://www.nyartsmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=451:curated&id=577126:loft-in-the-red-zone-a-tribute-to-september-11th-

      Kickstarter to help her recover lost funds: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loftintheredzone/loft-in-the-red-zone

      I hope we can work together to help her continue to exist and share our beautiful work. We have volunteers working with her now, and there is even talk of featuring our artwork there!

      -justin
    • Victoria Frye
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
        Does she need art supplies?

        On Oct 1, 2011, at 2:34 PM, J Wedes wrote:

        Hey everyone,

        A lot of people have been asking how they can help the camp if they can't come down. Here's one way:

        A local art exhibit, right on Wall Street, is being devastated by over-policing, barricading and intimidation from NYPD and Homeland Security. The curator, Marika, is a strong supporter of Occupy Wall Street.

        Info about the exhibit: http://www.nyartsmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=451:curated&id=577126:loft-in-the-red-zone-a-tribute-to-september-11th-

        Kickstarter to help her recover lost funds: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loftintheredzone/loft-in-the-red-zone

        I hope we can work together to help her continue to exist and share our beautiful work. We have volunteers working with her now, and there is even talk of featuring our artwork there!

        -justin

        Victoria (Tory) Frye
        vicnyc@...
        646-418-6435

      • J Wedes
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2011
          I don't think she needs art supplies at this point, but we do!

          Art supplies for painting, sculpture, found art, silk screening, beading, etc. are all needed!

          If you're on twitter, you can check out our needs on hashtag #needsoftheoccupiers

          -justin