Fwd: Insanity in Kansas City

  • LRN1212@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011

      From: Anne Pritchett <pritchett.anne@...>
      To: AFT Peace & Justice <aftpj@...>

      Not sure where to even start. A week ago, our supt resigned. He's going to Detroit. The school board president has been forced to step down and a new president was elected. Today the board hired an interim superintendent. Doesn't look like he's a Broad man, but he's a charter school proponent.

      And our former superintendent can earn as much as $1.5 MILLION in his new gig.

      Head of Kauffman Scholars accepts interim KC Schools super job

      New chancellor could make $1.5M overseeing district for Michigan's troubled schools

      --

      "You don’t improve education by demoralizing the people who have to do the work every day.”
      -Diane Ravitch

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
        This article says that Green served as a superintendent in NYC overseeing 34 schools......anybody heard of this guy before?  Lisa N.

        Stephen Green, president and chief executive officer of Kauffman Scholars Inc., is expected to start Monday after an agreement is struck with the board. Green attended Wednesday night's board meeting.
        Green has served on Covington's advisory council and was part of the district's strategic planning committee. Previously, he served as a superintendent in New York City , overseeing 34 schools.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011

          This webpage says Green was Superintendent of Community School District #28

          http://www.kauffman.org/Details.aspx?id=702

          anyone know how he did there?

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
            How coudlhe do anythign in D 28? In our current Childrens First Networks, superintendents are rating officers, not educational leaders.