Laptops and cell phones

  • Eugene Falik
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2006
      One interesting note about lapiops.

      I have heard that the Education Department is considering giving students laptops, and then issuing textbooks on CDs or DVDs.

      It's a nice idea, but how will they prevent PCs from being used as MPs players, CD/DVD players, or cell phones (maybe even via Skype, and have no cost cell phone service), and all manner or current electronic devices that are now banned?  Do they really think that kids won't be able to reload the software, even if they "lock up" the Registry?

      Eugene Falik