Re: [nyceducationnews] Ross Schoo / Disabilities

  • Stevensfamilylrs@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2006
      As there WAS a lottery, the alleged diversity thereby attained is now extant - the question is what, not how it was created. Supporters of the Ross school were such due to its representations that it would serve the diverse needs of the under served diverse local community. The circumvention of voluntary transparency is telling and only creates suspicions.

      I will try to contact the outside PR representative for Ross who I used to know in a different life. Please let us know how the FOIL request, if any, turns out and whether Mary Somoza or others are going to take up the access issue.

      It seems that the initial site selection error is being followed up by further DoE faux pas. I would think that Ross should have gotten its own site in Loisada, and made it the beacon of diversity and academic achievement rather than allowing itself to be housed in Tweed, the symbol of corruption whose location amidst the concrete environs of government buildings and courthouses is the antithesis of the initial concept of a local, community school.

      As parent choice advocates who took a wait and see position on Ross, this response is very disappointing.

      Granville

    • solarmedia@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 18, 2006
        Tweed's first floor is accessible by people with special needs up to the building security, but are the doors leading into Tweed wide enough for a wheelchair?

        Betsy