Re: [nyceducationnews] Re: File under I Kid You Not

  • monica_ayuso@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
      I disagree. It had a lot to do with the DoE, especially if some participants were receiving reimbursements and travel arrangements paid through the DoE.

      As a side, the activities of this advisory committee was not transparent enough.

      Sent via BlackBerry by a PARENT in the kNOw!

      From: "Ellen" <mchgh_lln@...>
      Sender: nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 19:25:53 -0000
      To: <nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [nyceducationnews] Re: File under I Kid You Not

      No. The meetigns were held when Sheila Evans Tranmn was the Assoc. Comm. and Cassandra Grant wasthe coordinator. It was a SED lead inititative and had nothing to do with the DOE

      --- In nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com, "bthmllr" <bthmllr@...> wrote:

      > Ellen, is he referring to CPAC? Chancellor's Parent Advisory Council
      > (the meetings of which were almost never attended by the Chancellor
      > anyway)?
      >
      > --- In nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com, "Leonie Haimson" <leonie@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > What was the parent advisory committee, Ellen? I never heard of it
      > before.
      > >

      > > Leonie Haimson
      > > Executive Director
      > > Class Size Matters
      > > 124 Waverly Pl.
      > > New York, NY 10011
      > > 212-674-7320
      > > classsizematters@
      > > www.classsizematters.org
      > >
      > > http://nycpublicschoolparents.blogspot.com
      > >
      > > http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leonie-haimson
      > >

      > > Follow me on twitter @leoniehaimson
      > >

      > > Make a
      > <http://www.nycharities.org/donate/c_donate.asp?CharityCode=1757>
      > > tax-deductible contribution to Class Size Matters now!
      > >
      > > Subscribe to Class Size Matters news by emailing
      > > classsizematters-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > >
      > > Subscribe to the NYC education news by emailing
      > > nyceducationnews-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > >

      > > _____

    • Ellen
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
        The council is not CPAC, which was the question. And whatever reimbursement there was I don't about. Transparency is relative.

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2010
          I know OF this group anf their outings, but no information was provided of their works.

          Its imperative that when groups of this nature are formed that they share information with us.

          There was chatter about some participants paying their own way while others were reimbursed or paid for by DoE.

          Nevertheless, I'm concerned about how their works were reported back to us (parent stakeholders). The information was not turn keyed efficiently.

          Sent via BlackBerry by a PARENT in the kNOw!

          From: "Ellen" <mchgh_lln@...>
          Sender: nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 20:14:22 -0000
          To: <nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com>