Fw: {CONCERNEDEDUCATORSNETWORKUFT} 117 Fwd: ALL OUT FOR JUNE 4TH AND BEYOND! TOOLKIT FOR JUNE 4TH: Petitions/leafle...

  • norscot@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 3:08 AM

    From: Concerned Educators <cenuft@...>
    Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:26:46 +0700
    To: <concernededucatorsnetworkuft@...>
    Cc: <nycslan@...>
    Subject: {CONCERNEDEDUCATORSNETWORKUFT} 117 Fwd: ALL OUT FOR JUNE 4TH AND BEYOND! TOOLKIT FOR JUNE 4TH: Petitions/leafle...

    Greetings,

    Here is a Toolkit for your use on Friday June 4, 2010 school actions. Remember, several schools are participating in these school actions throughout the city. Please do send videos, photos, sound bytes of actions at your school. For more information, go to the GEM website at  http://www.grassrootseducationmovement.blogspot.com . We need to build a New York City Confederation of Public Schools to fight back against the all-out attacks on Public Education and Public School Educators. Don't remain behind and Join the movement - NO PUBLIC SCHOOL LEFT BEHIND (NPSLB)!!!

    In Solidarity,

    CENUFT

    PINK SLIPS ARE COMING OUT THIS WEEK FOR TEACHERS!

    More and more schools are taking actions this Friday, June 4th at their schools. Attached you will find a petition, fliers, a form letter (stickers coming soon) that you can use at your school to protest the budget cuts (translations coming soon too). There are also fliers in English and Spanish to mobilize people to come to a protest at your school on the 4th. They are in word and have spots to fill in your school's info. This mobilization needs to involve all members of our school communities. Parents, students and staff.

    Please, even if your school is not ready for a picket, get teachers and parents to sign petitions, give out stickers. . . and then join us at Tweed at 4:30 this Friday for a protest where we will be GIVING OUT PINK SLIPS TO TWEED!

    These actions will continue next week as well, so if you are not ready for this Friday, but think you can mobilize for the 11th please get started now!

    Also, start mobilizing your staff and families for the UFT rally on June 16th. We need to show our union that we can mobilize. Where the people lead. . . .the leaders will follow.

    This is our chance to begin a true grassroots movement for educational justice. We cannot wait for our union or the politicians. We need to make this happen ourselves.

    Email: sam@... for questions or to let us know you are on board for the 4th.

    thanks