Re: [nyceducationnews] Cell phones "legal" again?

  • nealhugh@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 1, 2006

      KLEIN SAID THE POLICY AGAINST CELL PHONES STANDS AT A RECENT PHOTO OP.
      Granville Leo Stevens
      ###
      OK...if that's what he said...and it is much more important what he allows the Principals to write to parents and put into place as operational policy...his office's response to me allowed for special permission...and this is just the broader picture...

      He deserves credit and support and this is all now "political" so judge accordingly...

      What is happening with the Norman Siegal lawsuit?

    • nealhugh@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 1, 2006
        In a message dated 9/2/2006 1:13:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, LadyDae@... writes:
        OK, then I go back to my original statement, thank God for the Principals
        Nope...the Principals cannot do what the Chancellor does not allow them to do...
      • LadyDae@AOL.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 1, 2006
          They can look the other way instead of being sticklers. The sum totoal of the problem here, is that we have a situation where the Principals. Teachers,Students, and Parents are all united in their belief  in the necesity of cell phones, and yet we have an administration arrogant enough to make it clear that they are in charge and what they day goes. This is what they call inclusion.
        • nealhugh@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 1, 2006
            In a message dated 9/2/2006 1:43:12 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, LadyDae@... writes:
            They can look the other way...
            That is the result of what they are allowing to happen...!
          • kibitzermom
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 2, 2006
              The suit is still on. The lawyers are speaking to CPAC at the next
              meeting.

            • Stevensfamilylrs@aol.com
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 2, 2006
                We are in favor of cell phones but as a lawyer, Klein would be stupid to undercut a lawsuit in which he and the Mayor as so invested. Unless of course you think that he wants a court to tell him and the Mayor what to do rather than showing leadership and saying we are going to listen to our constituencies and work to support them implement a reasonable school by school plan.
              • nealhugh@aol.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 3, 2006
                  In a message dated 9/3/2006 12:54:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Stevensfamilylrs@... writes:
                  We are in favor of cell phones but as a lawyer, Klein would be stupid to undercut a lawsuit in which he and the Mayor as so invested. Unless of course you think that he wants a court to tell him and the Mayor what to do rather than showing leadership and saying we are going to listen to our constituencies and work to support them implement a reasonable school by school plan.
                  Maybe all true and correct...The reg also states that there can be "special circumstances" and I think that JK is using that to avoid disturbance, which is good. The result is good.