Re: [nyceducationnews] please send a letter in response to NY Post editorial

  • Maria Dapontes-Dougherty
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2007
      Here goes letter to NY Post:
      Shame on You for such a vile editorial.  I am a parent and we all give a damn about New York's schoolchildren.  Parents that attended the rally that was bursting at the seams were not paid by anyone.  We were not dancing to anyone's dities, but standng up for the 1.1 Million students in NYC that have been guinea pigs for far too long.  Your so-called reformers have spent millions on $450 an hour consultants that created debacles like the school bus fiasco.  Take off the rose-colored Bloomberg glasses and address the fact that parents across the city want their children to receive a fair and equitable education in class sizes that  already exist in the rest of the state.
      Maria Dapontes-Dougherty
      President, D30 Presidents' Council