Fw: Our kids need your continued advocacy

  • norscot@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2009
      Ed deformers still trying.

      From: Strong American Schools
      Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:29:46 -0400 (EDT)
      To: <normsco@...>
      Subject: Our kids need your continued advocacy

      Strong American Schools

      Dear SAS Supporter,

      As our Strong American Schools campaign wraps up, we wanted to let you know how to stay involved in the movement to improve our schools.

      We are pleased to introduce to you the Education Equality Project (EEP), an organization that is also deeply committed to improving our nation's schools and ensuring a first-rate education for all children.

      The Education Equality Project has been a partner to Strong American Schools in our work to date, and in many ways they will help carry on our mission to improve our educational system. We encourage you to get involved and sign up for updates on their website:

      http://www.edequality.org/sas

      Thanks to your support, we achieved the crucial first steps we set out to make with Ed in '08 - making closing the achievement gap top of mind. But the road to education reform is a long one, and our kids will need your continued advocacy to makes sure every one of them can attend an effective school. EEP, like Strong American Schools, is committed to building a nonpartisan movement that recognizes education as an issue that's too important to play political football with.

      Political leaders from all across the spectrum, from L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa to New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, have joined forces with EEP. Will you join them too?

      Sign up for updates here:

      http://www.edequality.org/sas

      Thank you again for everything you've done for Ed in '08.

      About Strong American Schools
      Strong American Schools, a project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, is a nonpartisan campaign supported by The Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation promoting sound education policies for all Americans.  SAS does not support or oppose any candidate for public office and does not take positions on legislation.

      Safe Unsubscribe
      This email was sent to normsco@... by info@....
      Strong American Schools | 1150 17th Street NW | Suite 875 | Washington | DC | 20036