Write, Call, Email Queens Borough President Marshall

  • melmeer1@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
      I think she is the only BP that hasn't been heard from yet. Urge that
      she appoint an educator of distinction to the "new" Board of Education.

      Melvyn Meer
    • norscot@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
        I wrote this before she appointed Walcott.

        Marshall's record has been dismal. She left the post vacant for a long time. These people won't respond until you show up at their office with a thousand people.
        I know some people don't agree but individual actions have little impact.
        Until there are strong community based organizations with the ability to act we will never see changes.
        She should be a target.she needs to look out her window one day and see a massive crowd protesting her ineptness.
        If every queens ed org got together and started a ball rolling something could happen.
        Listen, people should go to the meeting today and complain like hell. But the long term answer is to organize. Results don't show up immediately but it builds something.
        That we were able to get 40 or 50 people out to protest bloomklein on sunday on a day's notice is a sign that all things are possible.
        Norm

        From: melmeer1@...
        Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 08:45:39 -0400
        To: <nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [nyceducationnews] Write, Call, Email Queens Borough President Marshall

      • RichardEdBarr@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
          In a message dated 7/1/2009 11:01:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, norscot@... writes:
          Marshall's record has been dismal. She left the post vacant for a long time. These people won't respond until you show up at their office with a thousand people.
          I know some people don't agree but individual actions have little impact.
          Until there are strong community based organizations with the ability to act we will never see changes.
          She should be a target.she needs to look out her window one day and see a massive crowd protesting her ineptness.
          If every queens ed org got together and started a ball rolling something could happen.

          her predecessor, Claire Shulman,was also disgraceful -- gave Giuliani practically every vote he wanted from her on the Bd. of Ed.  They run for office as Democrats (not that that's so wonderful in and of itself) and then hop right into the pocket of Republican Mayors.  Bait and switch for their voters.