Fwd: Please support B.E.C.A. - Parents' Rights in Education

  • Patricia Connelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2009
    See updated flyer for upcoming rally.

    Begin forwarded message:

    Date: April 27, 2009 11:48:05 PM EDT
    Subject: Re: Please support B.E.C.A. - Parents' Rights in Education

    Please use the attached version of the Rally flyer.  We are hopeful that you will support us in this initiative.

    Thank you in advanced for your attention to this.

    Sincerely,

    Annabelle Wright
    B.E.C.A. Parent

    In a message dated 4/27/2009 2:04:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, AnnabelleWright1 writes:
    To Parent Commission

    I am writing in effort to obtain support of the initiatives of parents & families of students at the Bronx Early College Academy (MS324).  BECA is another school that has been affected by misleading conduct of the NYC Department of Educations’ Office of Portfolio Development, while going through the site process for permanent space.  The lack of respect and non-inclusion of parents as promised has led to a site decision that can adversely impact the overall success of BECA as part of the Early College Initiatives program.  Parents, families and supporters are coming together to rally in rejection of the site decision and site process taken by the Dept of Education, while fighting for the rights of parents in public school education.

    Please join us in support of this very important initiative.  We will have a rally at The City Hall Park on Friday, May 1st at 2pm against the decision of the Department of Education and would appreciate any support or representation that you can provide during this event.

    Attached is a copy of the Press Release and Rally Flyer.

    Please contact me via this email address or on cell at 917-496-3757 or contact Ibrahim Bah at 646-228-1025 for additional information.