Fwd: CEC Advisory Vote Extended to April 29th

  • lwinds@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009

      Laurie

      "The philosophy of the classroom today
      will be the philosophy of government tomorrow."
      Abraham Lincoln

      Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!
    • melmeer1@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009
        "a number of parents indicated that they would like more time to be able to cast their advisory vote"

        Yeah, sure!

        lwinds@... wrote:

        Laurie

        "The philosophy of the classroom today
        will be the philosophy of government tomorrow."
        Abraham Lincoln

        Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!

        Subject:
        CEC Advisory Vote Extended to April 29th
        From:
        CEC Election Admin <info@...>
        Date:
        Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:11:41 -0400
        To:
        CEC Election Admin <info@...>
        To:
        CEC Election Admin <info@...>

        Dear CEC Candidate:

        As you probably know, phone calls have been going out from former New York City Mayor, Ed Koch, to remind parents to vote for the Community and Citywide Education Councils.

        Due to spring break falling during the voting period, a number of parents indicated that they would like more time to be able to cast their advisory vote. We have listened to this feedback, and extended the online voting until April 29th.

        If you need additional materials to get-out-the-vote, please feel free to reply to this email or call 1 877 NYC VOTE.  Materials are available in 9 languages: English, Spanish, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Haitian Creole and Urdu.  Copies of sample flyers in English and Spanish are attached for your convenience.

        Warm regards,

        Jeff Merritt
        CEC Election Admin

      • dorooz@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009
          AOL Email
          too bad we couldn't run the old school board election for a month and send out robocalls, and letters etc.  Maybe that turn out would have been far far better.

          Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009

            And be able to vote by computer beside!

            New York , NY 10011
            212-674-7320
            classsizematters@...
            www.classsizematters.org
            http://nycpublicschoolparents.blogspot.com/

            Please make a tax-deductible contribution to Class Size Matters now!

            too bad we couldn't run the old school board election for a month and send out robocalls, and letters etc.  Maybe that turn out would have been far far better.

            Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!

          • Maria Dapontes-Dougherty
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009
              Of what year? lol
              Maria Dapontes-Dougherty

              [Attachment(s) from lwinds@... included below]

              From: CEC Election Admin <info@...>
              Date: April 22, 2009 4:11:41 PM EDT
              To: CEC Election Admin <info@...>
              Subject: CEC Advisory Vote Extended to April 29th

[...]

               <CEC GOTV Flyer Updated.doc>

            • Mathman180@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009
                "...a number of parents [One? Two? As many as three? Or just zero, but it sounds nice?] indicated that they would like more time to be able to cast their advisory vote. We have listened to this feedback [They CAN be responsive, but only when it serves their goals and interests], and extended the [current week's deadline for] online voting until April 29th [before which we will decide whether another round of phone calls are needed -- this time from Nathan Lane -- and whether to extend the voting deadline yet again]."

                Steve Koss

                will be the philosophy of government tomorrow."
                Abraham Lincoln

                Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops!
                Attached Message
                From:CEC Election Admin <info@...>
                To:CEC Election Admin <info@...>
                Date:Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:11:41 -0400
                Dear CEC Candidate:

                As you probably know, phone calls have been going out from former New York City Mayor, Ed Koch, to remind parents to vote for the Community and Citywide Education Councils.

                Due to spring break falling during the voting period, a number of parents indicated that they would like more time to be able to cast their advisory vote. We have listened to this feedback, and extended the online voting until April 29th.

                If you need additional materials to get-out-the-vote, please feel free to reply to this email or call 1 877 NYC VOTE.  Materials are available in 9 languages: English, Spanish, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Haitian Creole and Urdu.  Copies of sample flyers in English and Spanish are attached for your convenience.

                Warm regards,

                Jeff Merritt
                CEC Election Admin

              • Ann Kjellberg
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009
                  Let's have a straw poll on whom we would like our next phone call to come from! Sophia Loren! Jeremy Irons! Cecilia Bartoli!

                  From:CEC Election Admin <info@powertothepare nts.org>
                  To:CEC Election Admin <info@powertothepare nts.org>
                  Date:Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:11:41 -0400
                  Dear CEC Candidate:

                  As you probably know, phone calls have been going out from former New York City Mayor, Ed Koch, to remind parents to vote for the Community and Citywide Education Councils.

                  Due to spring break falling during the voting period, a number of parents indicated that they would like more time to be able to cast their advisory vote. We have listened to this feedback, and extended the online voting until April 29th.

                  If you need additional materials to get-out-the- vote, please feel free to reply to this email or call 1 877 NYC VOTE.  Materials are available in 9 languages: English, Spanish, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Haitian Creole and Urdu.  Copies of sample flyers in English and Spanish are attached for your convenience.

                  Warm regards,

                  Jeff Merritt
                  CEC Election Admin

                • Justin LeWinter
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009
                    James Earl Jones!!

                    On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Ann Kjellberg <kjellzer@...> wrote:

                    > Let's have a straw poll on whom we would like our next phone call to come
                    > from! Sophia Loren! Jeremy Irons! Cecilia Bartoli!

                  • Jan Carr
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009
                      The cast of HAIR.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009
                        I'd vote for Robin Williams doing his Elmer Fudd impersonation, but if it should be someone we easily identify with as a New Yorker (or at least a Broadway theater person), I'd stick with Nathan Lane or perhaps offer a duet: Carrie Bradshaw and Big. Or maybe that "Little Bit of Luck" guy from the Lotto commercials?

                        Steve Koss

                        From:CEC Election Admin <info@powertothepare nts.org>
                        To:CEC Election Admin <info@powertothepare nts.org>
                        Date:Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:11:41 -0400
                        Dear CEC Candidate:

                        As you probably know, phone calls have been going out from former New York City Mayor, Ed Koch, to remind parents to vote for the Community and Citywide Education Councils.

                        Due to spring break falling during the voting period, a number of parents indicated that they would like more time to be able to cast their advisory vote. We have listened to this feedback, and extended the online voting until April 29th.

                        If you need additional materials to get-out-the- vote, please feel free to reply to this email or call 1 877 NYC VOTE.  Materials are available in 9 languages: English, Spanish, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Haitian Creole and Urdu.  Copies of sample flyers in English and Spanish are attached for your convenience.

                        Warm regards,

                        Jeff Merritt
                        CEC Election Admin

                      • Gary Babad
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009
                        • Lisa Donlan
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009
                            Luke... I 'm the Chancellor!

                            To: nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com
                            From: jlewinter@...
                            Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:27:16 -0400

                            James Earl Jones!!

                            On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Ann Kjellberg <kjellzer@pipeline. com> wrote:

                            > Let's have a straw poll on whom we would like our next phone call to come
                            > from! Sophia Loren! Jeremy Irons! Cecilia Bartoli!

                            Rediscover Hotmail®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.