Parent email - Oakland, NYC & Chicago arm-in-arm?

  • norscot@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2009
      From Perimeter Primate, parent in Oakland schools:

      (Hi Norm, I wanted you to see this.)

      Hey Betty, way to go!!!

      I am scanning the horizon in NYC and Chicago and things seem to be approaching a fever pitch there, too.

      Read Norm's two entries for today on Ed Notes Online

      http://ednotesonline.blogspot.com/2009/02/nyc-teacherparent-asks.html
      and
      http://ednotesonline.blogspot.com/2009/02/people-need-to-know-what-is-happening.html

      I left this comment on the Chicago piece:

      "If Chicago public school activists organized a REALLY BIG protest in advance, and got the word out inviting their sympathizers from out-of-state to attend the protest on their behalf, I would definitely plan on going. I'd even try to drag my family along.

      I think the Chicago organizers might get hundreds of extra people from all around the country.

      Maybe such a rally could become our first national big stand. It's about time our side gets some national press.

      I'm sick and tired of all this crap. I hate crowds but I'd be happy to put up with one to make this big point to the nation.

      I hope you'll pass this idea along to anyone you know in Chicago. Maybe they can identify a date that has meaning (for instance, Tuesday, October 20, 2009 will be the 150th anniversary of John Dewey's birth).

      Let's get the ball rolling!"

      PP

      From Pres of Oakland Education Assoc:

      This is what I just sent to Jack O'Connell about his

      A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1218822736x1201267884/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)