58034Fwd: [Ed Notes Online] #AFT14 Convention Video - Common Core Debate - Mulgrew is Going to Punch Someone in the Face

    Aug 7, 2014
      Video posted on ed notes.

      Has anyone speaking against the common core said they don't WANT standards? .... Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater? The baby is in the bath water... Pia Payne-Shannon, Minneapolis Teacher opposing common core in rousing speech at AFT convention
      I extracted a 12 minute sliver from over an hour debate including the Mike Mulgrew "punch you in the face" line. Followed by Leroy Barr and new NYSUT President Karen Magee (see Randi's face as she qvells at her coup) - I didn't include all of Magee's - yada, yada, yada. I put in 2 speeches of a Chicago teacher and a rousing rebuttal from a Minneapolis teacher.

      It was union leadership pushing common core vs classroom teachers opposing. I still have a load of great speeches, mostly from Chicago, which I'll put up tomorrow.

      --
      Posted By ed notes online to Ed Notes Online at 8/07/2014 10:25:00 AM

      --
      Have a good day

      Norm Scott
      normsco@...
      917-992-3734

      Twitter:  @normscott1
      Facebook:  NormSco

      Education Notes Online
      ednotesonline.blogspot.com/

      The Inconvenient Truth Behind Waiting for Superman -
      http://gemnyc.org/our-film/

      Columnist, The Wave
      http://www.rockawave.com/

      Norms's Robotics blog