58026FW: WNYC seeking parents to speak with about new school start times

    Aug 5, 2014

      From: Beth Fertig [mailto:Bfertig@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 11:57 AM
      To: Beth Fertig
      Subject: WNYC seeking parents to speak with about new school start times

      Dear Parents & Parent leaders/organizers,

      I’m a reporter at WNYC Public Radio and we’ve either met or emailed in the past. Or you had contact with our education website www.schoolbook.org.

      I’m reaching out to you because NYC public schools are changing their start times this fall, in order to accommodate more time for professional development for teachers.  I’m currently writing a back-to-school story about this change.

      Did this cause any concerns among the parents at your school? I’m looking to interview folks about the schedule change. Maybe it means you have to wake up earlier? Or you have to change your daycare situation after school with a later or earlier school dismissal time?

      Please get back to me ASAP if you have anything to say on the topic,

      Beth

      Beth Fertig

      Contributing Editor for Education, WNYC Radio and Schoolbook.org

      646-829-4463 office

      917-658-3865 cell

      bfertig@...,

      on Twitter @bethfertig

      Schoolbook.org is WNYC's web site covering education in New York City.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic