56519Re: [district3parents] Re: Diane---

  • Neal H. Hurwitz
    Mar 21, 2014

      TY Paul. Re-reading Sol Stern's book I am aware that the "failures" of public ed lead
      some to want competition in the public sector... they want to "shake" up the established
      practices... etc.

      I am for the best in public education within public education!

      And alternatives need not "destroy" or negatively impact public ed... that seems to be a major
      complaint in the co-locations situations...

      My own children have been/are at Bergtraum, Julia Richmond, PS 165- Robert Simon,
      Joan of Arc--- and the old Stuyvesant!--- all have multiple schools at one site. (New $150 million
      Stuyvesant also has had another educational program for the disabled within and shares facilities
      use with the Battery Park community/residents.)

      How is it going at my old "neighborhood" schools?--- Boys High, John Jay, Prospect Heights, Erasmus,
      and Washington Irving, Seward, and then Brandeis! (Friend of friend was head of Math there... J. Walsh...
      talented, hard-working... now out of the City...)

      Cheers, Neal

      Neal H. Hurwitz
      NY, NY

      Neal H. Hurwitz
      NY, NY

      :-)

      TY Paul. Re-reading Sol Stern's book I am aware that the "failures" of public ed lead
      some to want competition in the public sector... they want to "shake" up the established
      practices... etc.

      I am for the best in public education within public education!

      And alternatives need not "destroy" or negatively impact public ed... that seems to be a major
      complaint in the co-locations situations...

      My own children have been at Julia Richmond, PS 165, Joan of Arc--- and the old Stuyvesant!---

      Date: March 15, 2014 10:19:12 AM

      IT'S TIME TO TAKE ACTION!

      Only ten days ago, 11,000 of us assembled in Albany, braving the freezing cold and raising our voices with parents and teachers from across New York State. We were there for one reason: to advocate for equal and fair treatment for all public school students, ensuring that all children, from all neighborhoods and all incomes have access to great schools. We stood on hard-packed snow and cheered warmly as we heard state leaders and Governor Cuomo tell us:

      “We are here today to tell you that we stand with you. You are not alone. We will save charter schools.”

      Yesterday state leaders put forth legislative proposals that will secure equal funding and equal access to public school facilities for all public school children. The State Senate has proposed a budget that stands up for all children, including public charter school children. It would:
      &n

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic