56502Re: [nyceducationnews] Fw: Standing Up for Our Kids

  • Diane Ravitch
    Mar 19, 2014
      unbelievable

      On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 7:55 PM, Falik - MSN <falik@...> wrote:

      Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:25 PM
      Subject: Standing Up for Our Kids

      Senator Dean Skelos

      Voting No on Regents who imposed Common Core; Yes for our kids who deserve better

      Dear neighbor:

      On behalf of the thousands of frustrated parents, students and teachers that I represent, I've just voted against confirmation of the four Board of Regents candidates that were nominated by the State Assembly.

      The roll-out of Common Core has been profoundly flawed, and the State Education Department and Board of Regents are responsible for this mess.

      Today's vote sends a loud and clear message that our students deserve better and that this bureaucratic disaster needs to be fixed.

      New York State must return its focus to one overriding goal: providing a quality education that helps every child achieve a bright, successful and rewarding future.

      Sincerely,

      DEAN G. SKELOS
      Majority Coalition Leader
      New York State Senate

      Facebook logo

      Find me on Facebook

      Twitter logo

      Find me on Twitter

      DISTRICTBIOGRAPHYLEGISLATIONCONTACTCALENDARPHOTOS & VIDEOSNEWSROOM
      From the office of Senator Dean G. Skelos
      skelos@... | skelos.nysenate.gov

      Albany: Room 909 LOB, Albany NY 12247 | (518) 455-3171
      District: 55 Front Street, Rockville Centre, NY 11570 | (516) 766-8383

      To ensure delivery of emails to your inbox, please add skelos@... to your email address book.

      If you would like to stop receiving emails from your Senator, click here.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic