51648Part Time Sunday Job Description for a Progressive Educator

  • Ellen Raider
    May 11, 2013
    Please circulate to those who might be interested

    Job Description
    Teacher / Director
    Children’s Sunday Assembly

    The Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture (BSEC) seeks a part time experienced, progressive educator to head up their Children’s Sunday Assembly (CSA). Two moral precepts “Deed before Creed” and “Bringing out the best in others to bring out the best in ourselves” are at the heart of our community and our Sunday school program. The CSA is a multi-age humanist education program addressing the social-emotional, developmental and ethical needs and questions of young people. The CSA provides fun, creative and challenging curricula, activities, and tools in an effort to support our young people as they pass through the stages of childhood, come to understand the nature and value of community, learn to make ethically conscious decisions, explore world religions, learn about ethical heroes and ground their
    own life journey.

    See attachment for more information
    --
    Ellen Raider