      From: "c_ofeb" <MO9Ernie@...>
      Sender: nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 14:35:43 -0000
      To: <nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [nyceducationnews] Re: Mather HS

      Neal wrote: "We need a strong new HS on the UWS in NY NY"

      Since the UWS has many of the highest scoring students in the boroughs, they need more than one additional high school for 85-average/3's children. And maybe another one to accommodate families from outside who want their kids to go to school in a nice area.

      -c

      --- In nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com, nealhugh@... wrote:

      > Many thanks! And Larry Gabbard called me... We will see him Sat at the Fair... I am only 'public' w this as a reminder that many folks do not have access... Usually, we do this privately... But there is a great need in the US to right serious imbalances, almost all having to do w $, altho I respect James C posts on personal responsibility...
      > I also would like to know what private schools Leonie recommends! :) even if we do not want to do private...
      > Right now, as C notes, there are 7,000 and most 'good' HS have 25 seats... We need a strong new HS on the UWS in NY NY... Crazy that there is NONE where we live at Columbia, TC, Bank St, JTS, etc.!
      > And we also do not wish to leave NY NY! :)
      >
      > It all will work out... I am optimistic... But this is some lesson (again) in now "it all works" w NYC public ed...
      >
      > Best, Neal
      > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic