34596Re: student protest vs. another abusive Leadership Academy principal

  • Elizabeth
    Apr 1, 2011
      I agree with Dee.

      This "tradition" of administrative abuse predates the Leadership
      Academy.

      It exists today unchecked, uncorrected for political purposes where
      intimidation, oppression and control, the fear and dysfuntion in the
      school community it causes, help in the expedition and cover of
      corruptions of many sorts.

      Elizabeth Carson

      --- In nyceducationnews@yahoogroups.com, Dee Alpert <sappell@...> wrote:

      > This has nothing to do with the Leadership Academy. Really! It has
      > do with Tweed sitting back and letting principals, no matter where
      they
      > trained, doing whatever the hell they want in their schools. I hope
      > this molester's victims sue the daylights out of him and Tweed and the
      > entire NYC govt. AND I sincerely hope they don't allow the defendants
      > have the trial record sealed. I hope someone specifically asks Cathie
      > Black about this case at the next public opportunity.
      >
      > Folks should rename Tweed "Bloomberg's Brothel."
      >
      > Dee Alpert
      > Past Chair, NYC and NYS NOW
      > Employment Discrimination Taskforce
      >

      > On 3/31/2011 11:23 PM, Leonie Haimson wrote:
      > >
      > > Principal Bost has been accused of sexual harassment numerous times,
      > > as cited in this DN article last year; and yet DOE kept him on for
      > > unknown reasons.

      http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/education/2010/06/24/2010-06-24_bx_p\
      rincipal_probed__again__in_sex_harass_charges_from_staffers.html

      > > More on this see:

      http://jd2718.wordpress.com/2010/09/13/protest-at-fordham-leadership-aca\
      demy/

      > > Recently students were suspended for handing around DN article after
      > > two teachers were allegedly brought up for charges of "incompetence"
      > > by same principal, but acc. to students, actually for "knowing too
      > > much" about principal's ongoing abuses.
      > >
      > > Bost (of course) another LA grad. Students then organized a
      walkout.
      > > See video below

      http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=277616&position=1&news\
      _type=news

      <http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=277616&position=1&new\
      s_type=news>

      > > /Roosevelt H.S. students stage walkout /
      > >
      > > /(03/29/11) *THE BRONX* - About two dozen Roosevelt High School
      > > students staged a walkout today that is now raising questions about
      > > why two popular staff members were let go. /
      > >
      > > /Benjamin Rodriguez says he led the protest after being suspended
      for
      > > distributing copies of a news article that discussed a sexual
      > > harassment case against Principal Richard Bost. /
      > >
      > > /Students say they believe the faculty members were let go for
      knowing
      > > too much information about the principal. However, the Department of
      > > Education (DOE) says that teacher Mike Mullen and counselor Diane
      > > Ghallagher are facing termination hearings for incompetence. /
      > >
      > > /The DOE also confirmed that Bost is a probationary principal and
      that
      > > his probation was extended three years after a sexual harassment
      > > allegation was substantiated. /

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic