      Date: 11/1/2010 6:52:23 AM
      Subject: [nyceducationnews] OFIA

      Ojeda Hall was at the "public hearing" for A-190 in Manhattan.  I got a distinct sense that the DOE is moving toward working more closely with community based organizations rather than PTAs, SLTs and CECs.  Santy Taveras is supposed to work with CBOs.  Ojeda's background is solidly rooted in CBOs.

      Interestingly, I rode the subway with someone from the Portoflio Planning and she said there was no organizational chart and she didn't know who was who.  I guess OFIA can't get anything out to the public before they themselves can figure out which way is up?