27355Re: [nyceducationnews] OFIA

  • Monica Major
    Nov 1, 2010
      And I asked Nydia Portilla, the Bronx rep, "What has that got to do with student achievement"?  Why is the DOE trying to cure the ills of the world?. Just do your part Educate."  Again just another way to blame others for the lack of abilities  at the OF???????

      On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 6:52 AM, Shino Tanikawa <shinot@...> wrote:

      Ojeda Hall was at the "public hearing" for A-190 in Manhattan.  I got a distinct sense that the DOE is moving toward working more closely with community based organizations rather than PTAs, SLTs and CECs.  Santy Taveras is supposed to work with CBOs.  Ojeda's background is solidly rooted in CBOs.

      Interestingly, I rode the subway with someone from the Portoflio Planning and she said there was no organizational chart and she didn't know who was who.  I guess OFIA can't get anything out to the public before they themselves can figure out which way is up?

      --
      Monica Major, Bronx Rep
      Panel for Education Policy