RE: [nyc-music-commission] NYC music commission: Goals, headlines & projects

  • Yalan Papillons
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2006
      When are we going to meet?

      Ms. Yalan Papillons

      Head Talent Buyer

      Knitting Factory NY

      81 Franklin Street 3rd FLoor

      New York NY 10013

      yalan@...

      www.knittingfactory.com

      212*219*3006 ext 430

      -----Original Message-----
      From: nyc-music-commission@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:nyc-music-commission@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jason Gross
      Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 10:59 PM
      To: nyc-music-commission@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [nyc-music-commission] NYC music commission: Goals,
      headlines & projects

      Hi all,

      Just to follow-up on topics for research within the group, here's a
      list of people who've volunteered to look into these topics

      - Health care programs (Danielle)
      - Visa/travel issues (Matthew)
      - Grants- what's available, how are they obtained? (Lisa)
      (mind you, these people would be glad to work with others here to find
      info!)

      NO TAKEN YET:
      - The Cabaret Law
      - Affordable artist housing

      I myself am gonna assist all/any above and provide any info I have
      already. Any other takers?

      PLUS... for the goals we came up with, any ideas about how to narrow
      or expand what we came up with at the last meeting?

      Best,
      Jason

      P.S. Nice Voice article, written by our own Trish Romano!

      At 11:01 PM 8/28/2006 -0400, you wrote:

      >I would be happy to look up Health care programs for musicians.
      Hopefully I
      >will be able to get to it this week.
      >
      >Danielle Culmone
      >
      >Vice President of Sales
      >
      >646.226.5861
      >
      ><mailto:dculmo%40tmail.com>dculmo@...
      >
      >www.sophistproductions.com

      0,0,50>http://www.calendarlive.com/printedition/calendar/cl-ca-capital20
      aug20,0,50
      >78755.story?coll=cl-calendar>
      >Though this group focuses on visual arts, it's an interesting idea
      >that might be good to apply to the music world
      >
      >New city code should tone down the noise
      ><<http://www.amny.com/news/local/am-noise0822,0,1900386.story>http://ww
      w.amny.com/news/local/am-noise0822,0,1900386.story>
      >The first changes in the noise code since 1973
      >
      >Note this in particular: "For bars and nightclubs, speaker stacks
      >will have to be turned down to 42 decibels, instead of the old 45
      >limit. Also, the bass vibrations themselves will now count as noise.
      >The old code only classified audible music as noise pollution.
      >Although the maximum fines for some noise violations will increase,
      >nightclub owners will be given the option of installing more
      >soundproofing instead of paying cash to the city. To enforce the new
      >code, police officers throughout the city will be outfitted with
      >decibel meters."
      >
      >By the way, for anyone trying to contact me this weekend, I'm out of
      >town and mostly offline from Thursday through Sunday but I'll be
      >checking my mail when I get back.
      >
      >Best,
      >Jason
      >
      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Jason Gross
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 30, 2006
        We can schedule something for Sept but in the meantime, we have to do
        some planning and thinking.

        Does anyone have thoughts on the goals from last meeting or want to
        take up any of the research items below?

        Thanks again,
        Jason