Next NYC commish meeting

  • Jason Gross
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2006
      Hi all,

      Hope you had a good, long holiday weekend!

      Just wanted to catch up with you all, now that we have a mission
      statement in place (muchas gracias to you voters). I'd like to
      figure out what we want to discuss at the next meeting. Based on our
      previous discussions, here are some things that came up. Please let
      me (and the list) know what you'd like to be our next big topic:

      * Cabaret/Noise laws

      * Affordable Housing for musicians

      * Visa/travel issues

      * Clearinghouse for grants

      * Health insurance for musicians and industry people

      * Working conditions in clubs

      * Outreach/expansion of our commish group (this could include not
      just contacting other people and groups but also building a web
      presence)

      Of course, if you have another idea, please share it! Once we figure
      out what we'd like to talk about for next time, I can prepare some
      materials on that topic and then we can set a date.

      Thanks again to you all- looking forward to seeing everyone again!

      Best,
      Jason
    • Jason Gross
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2006
        Hi all,

        For some reason, people are responding to me offlist about this. I
        was hoping we could have a dialog here about this. Don't get me
        wrong- I'd be glad to speak to anyone here about this through e-mail
        too but I thought it would be more constructive to have everyone in
        on the conversation. It's not too late to post here on the list
        about what you'd like to discuss at the next meeting.

        In the meantime, I promise to follow-up with everyone who e-mail'd me
        and gather the suggestions together for ideas.

        Thanks again,
        Jason

        --- In nyc-music-commission@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Gross"