THANKS SAI for a great webcast.. now I need your help!

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi there all of your wonderful bbshop and acappella fans.
      I want to congratulate the Sweet Adeline Organization for a great webcast!  I hope all of you who watched or listened in will follow through with a donation to the webcast.  I have done just that today after viewing the chorus finals on Saturday.  Having the ability to see and hear great music and performances on the Internet is something that I have worked hard for a long time.
      I am coming to you today to ask your help!  THN...The Harmony Network has been a project that has consumed my every spare hour for more than 10 months.  After being on the air for our 8th year now with The "APPLAUSE" Show, our station ownership, in March of this year, offered to turn their entire "commercially licensed" station over to us as a 24 hour a day All Vocal Harmony Network.  Since then, we have built FOUR LIVE shows, Monday through Thursday evenings, where you can listen in to a live radio host present music that they choose themselves.  Not some program manger, or some sponsor or some glitzy record label executive.  But the HOST and YOU, as the listener, who can call up and make a request (just like in the old days).
      The cost of this entire project can be managed with only a $30,000 per year budget.  That pays for the licensing, the ASCAP FEES, Internet access costs, Rent, Heat, Light, Equipment, Telephone and computer services.  All of the talent is volunteer and no one makes a penny from the project.  You, and many listeners like you, benefit because there is NOWHERE in this country where this kind of broadcasting is being offered.
      This week is our last of two weeks of fundraising to insure that this project can go forward to include the 24/7 broadcast of bbshop and acappella music, re-broadcast of the live shows throughout the week, "Remote" Live shows from other locations in the United States and throughout the world, and Syndicated and Simulcast broadcasts of shows and events.  Imagine if only 300 people gave $100.00 per year (less than $2.00/Week), or 600 giving $50.00 (less than $1.00 per week), we can continue to bring you this great programming and future benefits.  If we do not demonstrate that our community, YOU and I, are willing to support this type of programming, then the ownership of the station can not, and understandably should not, continue to support our project.
      Regional Broadcasting Services, the parent company, has built a local and Internet audience of thousands of supporters who love Classic Rock and Roll.  The moment we convert to 24/7 Barbershop and Acappella music, they will lose that audience.  We need to be positioned to be able to replace those people with US. You and I!  People who recognize the benefit and the value of being able to turn on your computer and hear YOUR MUSIC....all the time.
      Please tune in to the shows this week..... make a pledge... send a donation.  Check out the website at www.harmonize.com/thn and find out how you can be a part of this historic and important project.
      As the lead broadcaster for the Barbershop Harmony Society's Annual Convention Webcast, I know how much you love to hear our music.  I believe that you will help me and the other people who are working day and night to make your listening experience better.  We all want this to succeed but we can not do it without the help of each of you.
      Thank you so much for your past support and for any support you can give us in this critical period.  We are committed to serving you and your interests.
      For all of the folks connected with THN...The Harmony Network,  Thank You!
      Rich Taylor, President, THN...The Harmony Network www.harmonize.com/thn
      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000-2004

      Host of
      The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website: The "APPLAUSE" Show Website

      for creating THN...The Harmony Network

      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
      email us at : applause@...