need unusual arrangements for your group?

  • rachmiel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27 9:42 AM
      greetings all 'round. :-)

      i am a composer who specializes in unusual arrangements, what
      i call "extreme covers":

      radical (de)interpretations of well-known songs; making the
      familiar unfamiliar; reimbuing that which has grown trite
      with its original mystery.

      most of my covers are also dripping with humor/irony. for some
      examples of what i'm talking about, check these out:

      YesMiEl - beatles medley (won the 2004 boston harmony sweepstakes
      best arrangement award) - http://www.floom.com/yesmiel.mp3

      Caravanaggio - lugubrious ellington/tizol caravan cover -
      http://www.floom.com/caravannagio.mp3

      Girl from Iwo Jima - ipanema in 3/4, 4/4, 5/4 simultaneously -
      http://www.floom.com/iwojima.mp3

      if you are interested in having me write something of this ilk for
      your group, please let me know: rick@.... i would, of
      course, tailor the arrangement to the strengths and configuration
      of your ensemble.

      thanks,

      rick scott
      www.floom.com