Tenor and alto needed for NYC pop/jazz a cappella group

  • victwatson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29 6:00 AM
      Subject: [ny-acappella] Alto needed for NYC pop/jazz a cappella group
      Uncommon Chord will be holding auditions for a tenor and an alto II
      vacancy in our group on Monday March 1 and March 8.
      We are a New York-based 12-person, mixed voice, a cappella group
      whose members participate for the pleasure of singing high-quality,
      close harmony music together. Through individual practice and
      efficient, but enjoyable, weekly rehearsals under a professional
      director (held Mondays from 7:15 to 9:15 in the Lincoln Center
      area), the group strives to give two or three top-rate performances
      each year of intricate, unusual, beautiful, or simply fun
      arrangements of jazz and popular songs ranging from the 1920s to the
      1980s. Our goal is to give a show that is musically pleasing,
      entertaining, ever-improving and which gives the members pleasure in
      the preparation and reward in the performance.
      If you are a tenor or an alto II and this sounds like fun and a
      challenge, please
      contact Stu Miller at miller-s@... or 703-525-1141 as soon
      as possible. Also, you may visit our web site at
      www.uncommonchord.org for background information (the site is being
      expanded, but remains accessible).