The "APPLAUSE" Show, Tomorrow night - A Very Special Guest!!!

  • RMTMUSIC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2004
      Hi there netters and supporters of The "APPLAUSE" Show.  I am delighted to tell you that tomorrow night, January 8th, we will have "live" in the studio, Mr. Grady Kerr, the Historian for the Southwestern District of the men's Society, along with serving as our own "APPLAUSE" Show webmaster.  We were able to coerce Grady to come to the Northeastern part of the States on his way to serve on the Faculty of the Northeast District's C.O.T.S. training school in Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
      Most of you know Grady as the prolific poster on the Harmonet and the other discussion groups and as a knowledgeable barbershopper who has been enveloped in the history of our Society and the Southwestern District.  He is the founder and Chief Executive of Strawhat Productions in Dallas, Texas.  Strawhat Productions has been established to produce recorded histories of Great Quartets in the music world.  The first CD produced honored the Buffalo Bills, and the second CD was on the wonderful "Mills Brothers."  Tomorrow night, Grady will be introducing all of you to the newest edition of "The Great Quartets"... a history of our inimitable International Champions, The SUNTONES.
      In addition, we will be debuting the music of The Heart Of America Chorus with selections from their new CD called "From The Heart."  Great music from a great chorus.
       We are so excited about the launch of The Harmony Network on March 1st.  We are interviewing people in the New York Area who would like to volunteer their time and host a "Live" radio show on the new "Harmony Network" which will broadcast from the studios of WVRM in Upper Montclair, New Jersey.  If you have always wanted to host or co-host a radio show, and you are in the North New Jersey, New York City area, we have openings for you.  We will be broadcasting live shows in the 7-10PM time slots on Monday through Friday (The "APPLAUSE" Show will stay 6:30-11:00pm), and we will be targeting for two shows each day on Saturday and Sunday.  The remainder of the week will be pre=recorded broadcasts of barbershop harmony and
      a cappella music.   Look for more about how you can help this project succeed.
      We hope that you will tune in tomorrow night... Vinnie Haynes from the Big Apple Chorus will be making his debut as the "man in the chair" running the control board under the watchful eye of T.J. Barranger.  Remember, you can chat with other barbershop and acappella fans while the broadcast is on by going to
      www.harmonize.com/applauseshow  and scroll down to "Click here to join the chatroom when the live broadcast is on the air."
      Thanks for the bandwidth and for your continued support
      Rich Taylor, Host of The "APPLAUSE"Show
      Show Website: The "APPLAUSE" Show Website
      Thursday Night 6:30pm-11:00pm
      On the Internet at WWW.VILLAGERADIO.COM
      email us at : applause@...

      Special Fundraising Opportunity for all Listeners:
      Rare Lithograph Prints "John Lennon by Cynthia Lennon"

      Continuous Broadcasting since 1997
      Host of the SPEBSQSA Int'l Webcast Team 2000, 2001, 2002
      for hosting the Nashville Webcast
      for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show

      for hosting The "APPLAUSE" Show
      Winner 2000 MAD District "Award of Excellence" for The "APPLAUSE" Show