tenor looking for singing opportunities in NYC

  • anthont@rockvax.rockefeller.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2001
      Hi.. I'm a 26 yr old male vocalist looking to do some singing in the
      NYC area. I am taking vocal lessons and have done alot of home
      recording of harmonies, but have never actually sung in an a cappella
      group though I would very much like to. Could someone recommend a
      group/class/whatever in NYC?

      Thanks in advance for any help -
      Todd

      PS: Demo recordings available upon request; I also play guitar
    • Dan Rosenbaum
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2001
        Hmm. I don't know of any classes for a cappella group singing per se. But if
        there are, it's most likely that you'd find something at The New School,
        which has an extensive jazz singing and performance program.

        Check out the Vocal Area Network (www.van.org) to get an idea of the types
        of groups -- and skill levels requires -- that are out there in the NY Metro
        area.

        A question: do you read music?

        best,
        dan rosenbaum