TSG is looking for Bass and Alto singers

  • tsgnewyork
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18 1:55 PM
      Hello singers,

      We are an A Cappella group / singing group which means we do most of our songs A Cappella and some we do with a guitar, sometimes cajon, and we've done one song with beat boxing. We are based in the New York area and we rehearse every Tuesday night from 7:00 to 9:00 PM in Chelsea.

      We do covers of rock, pop, and country songs. Some of the artists we cover include: The Beatles, Toto, Queen, Adele, Kings of Leon, Mumford & Sons, Michael Jackson, The Police and more.

      Some of the arrangements have been made by our members, others we've purchased for use. Our structure is three people per part, i.e., three sopranos, altos, tenors, basses, 12 people in all. Some of our songs are simple arrangements and some of them have eight different parts.

      We have been around for a year and a half and we have performed at various venues in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens.

      We are looking for a few basses with a really good low range and we are also in need of an alto.

      We work hard but we play a lot too. We're a fun group of people and love hanging out together in various musical settings like seeing bands live, musical theater, and of course karaoke. We occasionally go out after rehearsal as well for a few drinks or something to eat. We're looking for someone who is fun and loves making music & the hard work involved but also who doesn't take it too seriously and is ready to laugh at any of his/her (and anyone else's!) mistakes.

      The ability to read music is a plus and is not necessary. Same goes for playing an instrument, if you do, great, otherwise it's not necessary. Beat boxing is a plus.

      We are looking at people from a wide range - varied backgrounds are welcome. For example we have people in our group who were or are still in other A Cappella groups, choirs, bands, theater & the performing arts etc. If you have a background like this or similar we are looking to audition you and our auditions start very soon.

      Please email us if you are interested.

      https://www.facebook.com/TSGNYC
      https://soundcloud.com/tsgnyc